Selling Real Estate Lawyer In Edmonton
Selling real estate
Whether you’re selling your house to downgrade, upgrade or move to an entirely new region of the world; Ensuring you get the perfect deal for your pride and joy is of the utmost importance.
Once you receive the purchase agreement, though, the journey of selling your house is just beginning with negotiations and ensuring everything is to hand over your keys correctly. With this said, as real estate lawyers with over 15 years of experience, we’ve helped hundreds of clients over the years close the deal quickly, efficiently, and free of stress.
Once you have a purchase contract from the buyer, a real estate lawyer is required (by law in Alberta) to facilitate the remainder of the real estate purchasing process.
This process develops like so:
- The realtor will send the estate instructions, including a copy of the purchase contract and all amendments, to the seller’s lawyer (field law, acting for the seller) and the buyer’s lawyer. Please note, if there’s no realtor involved, you will have to provide this information to us.
- Here at MD Real Estate, we will open a new file in your name and start our due diligence on your behalf.
- We will email you with the following steps, including filling in a form with the required details to move forward. We will then contact your lender for a payout statement of your existing mortgage if you still have one existing.
- We will reach out to the buyer’s lawyer asking for the official names of the buyers for insertion in the transfer documentation.
- The statement of adjustments is then prepared, which, once approved by you, will be sent to the buyer’s lawyer and sets out the official purchase price amongst varying essential fees, taxes, etc.
- With the due diligence set, it is time to sign the paperwork. At this stage, we will contact you to arrange an appointment where we can discuss details.
- Your appointment takes 45 minutes to 1 hour due to an in-detail review of the statement of adjustments, paying your old mortgage (if it exists), outstanding taxes or any other fees.
- On the possession day, once we receive the agreed-on funds from the buyer’s lawyer, we call your realtor (or you, if you have no realtor) to authorize the release of keys.
- As soon as the sale proceeds, we start making authorized payouts to get your net sale as quickly as possible.
- Lastly, your house is sold! We get you a full report with enclosures such as a statement of receipts and disbursements showing all finances that were received and paid out.
If you have any questions, contact our offices now to speak with a real estate lawyer so we can help with buying, selling or refinancing your property. We are available 24/7. We are a militant group of real estate lawyers, and we ensure that our clients throughout Alberta understand the entire purchasing/selling process from beginning to end.